Ravon Engineering Department Manager #523-2019
Mini-Circuits, a global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of RF and microwave components and integrated assemblies from DC to 86 GHz, is looking for an experienced Engineering Department Manager.
Mini-Circuits Israel, Ravon Division
Ravon Electronics, Ltd., a daughter company of Mini-Circuits, designs & manufactures high-performance RF/Microwave Components & Systems for commercial, industrial and military applications.
Our products include VCOs, Synthesizers, Low Noise Amplifiers, Couplers, Modules, Sub-Systems, Synthesized Signal Generators, and Portable Test Equipment.
Ravon Electronics, Ltd. is both ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified.
Ravon Electronics, Ltd. has 170 employees and is located in Kiryat Bialik, Israel.
Responsible for all aspects of the company’s engineering product development activities. This position offers high growth potential.
The Engineering Department Manager will:
- Provide leadership for the technical teams – setting the technical vision for the organization and defining and implementing an organizational strategy for personal and professional growth.
- Manage the day-to-day product development teams including development schedules, resource needs, etc.; delivering manufactural designs to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints,
- Creating a product and technology roadmap for current and future investment and the fostering of innovative solutions to customer needs.
Job Function (day-to-day responsibilities)
- Manage teams of engineers in the development and release to catalog & release to manufacturing of Standard (Catalog) and Customer Special Products
- Manage a team of approximately 15 design engineers, 10 design technicians and prototype assemblers
- Responsible for the technical oversight of all product development projects
- Responsible for the scheduling, budgeting and product cost attainment of all product development projects
- Manage the team to respond to customer requests for new products and customer support
- Function as the leader of the technical development team on the extension of existing technologies to maintain market competitiveness
- Lead the definition of new technologies and products to expand the current product offering (product line extension)
- Research and propose new technologies and product lines to expand Mini-Circuits Israel’s (Ravon Electronics, Ltd.’s) existing business
- Recommend capital and talent investments to accomplish both (above)
- Develop and update documented procedures to operate a well-managed department
- Determine the training requirements and technical coursework to maintain and advance the technical organization
- Interface with sales, marketing and operations to bridge the gap with engineering
- Supervise, train, direct and mentor Design and Test Engineers
- Define objectives and track results for team members
- Determine the staffing needs
- Responsible for determining the skills, workload expectations, performance rewards for all new and current hires
- Prepare and present project(s) status to Senior Management, including project deliverables such as performance, scheduling, budgeting and costs
- Education & Experience: Minimum BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering), 10+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least 5 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and strong leadership skills.
- Experience in RF electronic hardware design. Experience with the development of embedded / control software
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- “Out of the box thinker”, must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on-time deliverables
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management skills.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.